Monday, November 12, 2012

Dear friends,

We had the most awesome, yet exhausting day here in the DR.  We have enjoyed some pampering that we don't get at home here. For example, our meals are prepared for us, and I must say, the food is so amazing.  Our rooms at the guest house are cleaned for us, and (I may never ever come home from the DR after this week because of this)  OUR LAUNDRY IS DONE FOR US, by a fabulous woman named Margot.   We are told to throw them in the floor in front of the washing machine, they are washed, line dried, and are folded and waiting for us when we get home. I don't remember when I have received such pampering.
How many Americanos can you fit in the back of a Domincan vehicle on the way to church? 

Today, we began our construction project.  We continued working on the CCED school, where the mission team from last year laid block for classrooms.  We learned the all about mixing concrete, sifting and hauling sand, and how to stucco walls.  The work was extremely tiring, but the good kind.  It all feels so rewarding and I have a silly grin on my face thinking of what all we accomplished today.  We also got to meet with some of the most amazing children that are students in the school.  I love to picture in my mind some of these kids sitting in the classrooms next year when we return, enjoying their education.  All of the children that I talked to today said that they LOVED coming to school, and that it was the favorite part of their day.  

All work and no play, makes Phil a dull boy. (he hee)
We love stucco!


This is my favorite picture of the day....this is why we are here.  Love these children!  They are going to love the classrooms when they are finished. 

 Tonite, we also had the amazing opportunity to play a softball game with some of the locals.....it was just a fantastic way to unwind, mix and mingle, and have a great time.  I'm not sure of the final score, I'm not sure it even matters...it was just a fantastic time. 

These Dominican children were so much fun, we are so thankful for this opportunity to love on them. 

Overall, it was an exhausting day.  But so fulfilling.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us tomorrow.  Hugs to you all....
 

6 comments:

LauraS said...

Love the pics & story! :)
Keep going, guys - You Rock!
Hugs, Laura

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Each moment is a blessing so enjoy your time over there and watch Gods blessing flow.
Enjoyed the photos..keep them coming!
Proud of you Tre!

Babs said...

Oh Yayyy. Mixing concrete, hahaha. Sure wish I was there with you. Praying for you! I agree with Laura, you guys ROCK :)

Unknown said...

This definitely makes me miss the DR! It's fun hearing the details of your week and thinking back to my trip last year. Give everyone love & fist bumps from Andrew!

Casie said...

These pics make me smile so big:) I am so proud of you all and I am so happy to see the joy in your faces!